Do Tamriel: Elder Scrolls RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...An RP based on Elder Scrolls, obviously. (Thanks, Bethesda!)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rough Days in Cheydinhal

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Warik

Warik

Rough Days in Cheydinhal Empty
PostSubject: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 am

Warik stomped down the stairs of the Cheydinhal Fighter's Guild, barely containing his anger as he made his way to the door. As he approached the exit, he checked to make sure his old leather armor was correctly equipped, and felt for his fine steel longsword sheathed on his back. Now would be a bad time to forget his only possessions. Frustrated, he rubbed at his beard, trying to remain calm. He turned to face his pursuer, Khorg, the resident head of the Cheydinhal chapter of the Fighter's Guild.
“You fool! You moronic fool! I will make sure you never work for the Guild again for this!” the man shouted as Warik slung his meager bag of belongings over his shoulder.
“Your making quite a fuss over such a minor event. If that idiot knew how to watch his tone, I never would have - “
“That idiot was your superior, Warik! Regardless of how you feel about the man's tone, you do not strike a superior simply because you don't like his attitude!”.
Warik rolled his eyes, finally feeling some of his rage simmer down.
“I barely touched him, Khorg.”
With a growl, Khorg gestured back up the stairs. “You broke his nose, Warik. And I have no doubt you would have done more damage if the others hadn't restrained you. There are rules in this guild, Warik. Since you seem to be unable to abide by them, I am stripping you of your rank. You are no longer welcome here.”
Silently, Warik pushed the door open, stepping out onto the front porch of the guildhall. It was late afternoon, and the already darkening sky was even more obscured by the pouring, icy rain. With a scowl, Warik stepped into the street, already becoming soaked from the downpour.
“Warik!” Khorg shouted as he stepped out the door. “Listen...you broke the rules. I'm willing to give you another chance. You know how this works. If you want to stay, you can pay a fine to forgive this incident - “
Warik barked out a laugh, turning his back on Khorg as he started down the street. “Piss off, Khorg, you and your guild.” Warik continued down the street, the rain soaking his leather armor even through his tattered cloak. He turned a street corner and spied the sign he was looking for, recognizable even through the rain. With a slightly more positive attitude, he headed for the Newlands Inn, his favorite tavern for the short time he had spent in Cheydinhal.
As he entered the Inn, he casually dropped his bag and cloak on the way to the bar, leaving a trail of water behind him. As he sat down, a grim looking Imperial woman approached him at the bar. Warik tried to smile as charmingly as possible, an attempt made even more difficult by his soaked and bedraggled appearance. He pushed his long, soaked hair out of his vision as he regarded her.
“Good afternoon, Gretta.” Warik said, still smiling.
“Warik. Here to pay your tab?”
“Give me a couple days Gretta, You know I'm good for it.”
“Are you now?” She crossed her arms, frowning at him as she spoke. “'Cause I just heard you were kicked out of the Fighter's Guild..so where do you plan on getting my money?”
Warik sighed, and gave up on the charming smile, settling instead for a pleading look. “Come on. I swear I will pay you back. I need a drink now though. It's been a hell of a day.”
“This is the last time, Warik. I expect my money in a week, otherwise you won't be allowed in my Inn anymore.” As Gretta finished her sentence, she sat a tankard of ale down on the bar, before walking away to assist another customer. Warik sat quietly, drinking tankard after tankard, brooding over what he was going to do next. After an hour passed, Warik began to feel a bit better. After all, he still had his sword. He could make some money out in the wilds..people were always willing to pay for something to become dead, and he had done his fair share of adventuring for profit. With little else to do but brood and booze, Warik continued to drink, slipping slowly into a state of inebriated bliss.
Back to top Go down
https://tamriel.forumotion.com
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:53 am

*The bar was quiet as the shadowed figure slipped inside from the torrent of water that enveloped the town. It was not often that the man enterd the bar but something had driven him here tonight. That something was the slowly endulding man that was finding his peace in the bottom of a tankard. The shrouded man walked slowly to the bar and lifted his hood. The scales face of Itun-Ru made the bar made jump slightly before she cleared off the position next to Warik. His blue and green scales danced in the flickering candle light as he sat down. The bar maid watched and calmly asked "What can i get for you tonight Itun." Itun had lived in the town for a good 20 years, and had come to know most of the people in the village. Being the head of the Mages guild in the town, also helped in his social life. This is how he had met, and sustained a relationship, with the careless Nord. "Ill have the usual honey sap mead Gretta." The bar maid turned around and pored a small bottle into a goblet and set infront of him. He reached out and gave her the money for the drink and a little extra. "Thats for his too." He nodded in Wariks direction, she gave a nod to him and then scowled at Warik. After taking a sip of the mead, he sat the goblet down and looked at Warick. The slits of his argonian eyes narrowed on him and he gave him a smile. "You just LOVE to get yourself into trouble dont you. You know they'll never let you back in after that little display. Not that i think you care to go back. We both know that you hate athority, but cant you atleast try and get along with superiors. Cause unless you plan on becoming emporer, you'll always have superiors." He chuckled and took another swig of his drink.*
Back to top Go down
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Finn walked into the inn barefooted, cold and wet after a long days walk from his worn home in the forest. He was very tired and short tempered from this walk. As he staggered up to the bar he ordered two ales. As the bar tender poured his drinks he glanced over his right shoulder and saw to men sitting at the bar, talking. One was a Nord and the other was a "Lizard Man". He felt a sudden urge to kill them for no reason. But Finn decided it would be a bad idea. He grabbed his ales, one in each hand and walked to his seat in a corner in the back. As Finn took his seat he noticed this Nord looked very much like his own father.
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 am

Warik glanced towards Itun, having only noticed his presence after the Argonian ordered his drink. Warik smiled in greeting, turning just as Gretta scowled at him. Warik answered her scowl with a wink, and a slightly slurred "I'll have another, love." Gretta rolled her eyes, walking back to the other side of the bar. With obvious disappointment, fueled by the absence of more ale, Warik responded to Itun.
"Nice to see you too, Itun. I see that everyone knows about my little "Incident" at this point. Your idea, however, is intriguing. I was going to try my hand at independent adventuring again, but Emperor sounds sounds so much better." Warik grinned, looking up to the ceiling as he thought of the scenario. "Imagine, Emperor Warik the Bastard. Or just bastard. Bastard the first, of course. I could sit around all day and drink ale, and no one could say shit about it. Alas, gaining that title seems like a lot of work. I think I'll just leave this place instead. Maybe just kill things for money. I'm good at that." Warik clapped Itun on the back, laughing before sighing dramatically. "It's sad, really. I was looking forward to settling here, raising some pups." Warik waved in Gretta's direction, giving her another wink. "I was thinking about making an honest woman out of our lovely bar wench here, Itun. I know she'd love that." Gretta made a sound, prompting Warik to call to her. "What was that, love?"
Gretta scowled at him once again, responding in an innocent tone. "Disgust, Warik. Pure disgust."
Warik turned back to Itun, noticing the mirth in Itun's eyes. "She loves me, that one. I hate to break her heart. But anyways, my mystical friend, how was fixing that nose of Klekan's? I only hit him once, but what a beautiful strike it was. Very satisfying. Did you notice the multiple jagged edges his nose now has? Three breaks, Itun! With one hit!" Warik laughed, still fighting the urge to slur his words. "I am but an artist, Itun. And my fists are the brushes. Powerful, vengeful, slightly uncoordinated, inebriated brushes." Warik grabbed his empty tankard, eying the bottom as if searching for the last drop. He sat it down slowly, before looking back to Itun. "You going to finish your mead?"
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 am

*Itun smiled at his barbaric friend. He knew all about his past in Skyrm and about his mother. It saddened Itun to see his friend belittle himslef like he did. But due to his mothers carring instincts that had been pressed into Ituns being as a child, he could not help but care for his friend. He looked back at the barefoot man as Warik rambled on with the bar made and scoffed at his ignorance. "Lizard man" how juvenile. itun was a very renouned and well respected mage of the Mages Guild and did not take the notion of being called a "Lizard Man" very lightly. Itun looked over the man and remembered his face. He mumbled something under his breath and then turned back to his inebriated fellow. "Yes i did happen to notice his rather unique bone structure when i was mending it. He will recover, may take a few days for the swelling and the pain to subside, but i left him with some potions to help with that. But the fact that you did that much damage with one punch is quite a feat." As he said this, he continued to sip on his goblet. When Wark gestured to his drink, he gave him a quick glance and then handed him the sweet elixer. "Thats it, no more self lothing Warik. If you want to be able to sustain this existance you call a life, you going to need some money. How about this, i need some help with a special job ive got coming up. I could use a body guard and if you help me, the Mage's Guild will pay you hansomly. What do you say?"*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 am

Warik took the mead, taking a swig of the drink as he listened to Itun's proposition. After quickly finishing the mead, he began to absently tug at the braids of his beard.
"Tell me, my friend, what is the goal of your little expedition? And when you say "handsome" pay, how handsome are we talking? I'm also curious why you are not giving this job to the Fighter's Guild, Itun. Isn't Khorg going to be a bit upset when he hears that you are hiring me?"
Warik began to feel himself sobering, however only slightly, at the prospect of a job. As he waited for Itun's response, he glanced around the room, his eyes fixing briefly on the barefooted man. He had seen this man before around town, and had heard he had been looking for some sort of combat training. Shrugging his shoulders slightly, Warik turned his eyes back to his Argonian friend.
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:18 pm

*Itun smiled. He snatched the goblet back from Warik and peared into the cup. "Damn Warik, you werent suposed to drink it all. Anyways, the reason i havnt gone to Khorg with this is becuase i dont want this to go on any records. Escpecialy the fighters guild." He reached into his robes and pulled out a letter with an imperial seal on it. "This is a letter from the head of the Imperial Council. they have requested that i bring them a weapon that has lay dormant in the Alyeid Ruins of Hame, about a days journey south east of here. They want me to go and find the weapon and bring it back here. After that, all i know is that a troop of White Imerial Gaurds will meet me outside the city and take it back to the city. What they plan on doing with it, i dont know, and i cant tell you anything about it. They didnt specify who i could and could not tell, but i trust you above anyone else in this town because, well lets face it Warik, who are you going to tell. As for a handsome pay, how dose 15,000 septums sound split between us?" The quest was not something that he wanted to do alone. having someone with exsperiance beside him would be a much better situation that alone. He looked back over his shoulder at the remnants of the bar then back at Warik. "So my friend, what do you say?"*
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 pm

As the people in the tavern where talking in the candle light, a minor dispute was going on outside in the downpour. Kurgan had finally found his target, an Orc by the name of Grush-gro-Bulnk. Kurgan had been chasing this Orc for a couple of years for his hefty bounty. With hood over his head, Kurgan approached the Orc.
"Alright we can do this peacefully if you prefer fetcher." Kurgan said to the Orc while scowling.
"HA! HA! HA! You are just a puny ash man! What are you going to do to me you red eyed cursed elf?" boasted Grush, trying to make a mockery of Kurgan in the rain.
Kurgan smirked, "I was hoping you would say something like that, dirty Orc." Kurgan drew his blades and swung at Grush. Grush quickly pulled out his battle ax and deflected the blows. Grush swung heavily over his head towards Kurgan. Kurgan rolled to the side and laughed. "Your strikes are too slow you oaf." jesting and making a mockery of Grush in the streets. The rain continued to beat down on Cheydinhal, making it harder for Grush to wield his weapon properly. Grush swung to his side with all of his might to hit Kurgan. Kurgan stopped the ax with one of his swords, and sliced Grush's hands with his other. The Orc let out a painful roar as he dropped his ax. Kurgan then let loose a powerful blast of lightning, launching Grush through the door of the tavern. Kurgan sheathed his blades and pulled back his hood as he entered the tavern. He felt all of the eyes in the tavern on him. Kurgan tied up Grush and sat him at a table. Kurgan walked up to the bar.
"What in the name of oblivion did you do that for?!?" Gretta yelled at Kurgan, still standing in shock. "Look at my door! It is broken! Do you know what a repair like that will-"
"Apologies miss." Kurgan raised his right hand and the door levitated with it. Within seconds the door was back on its hinges. "Now can i have an ale?" Kurgan scoffed at Gretta. He placed the septums down on the bar as she slammed a tankard next to them. Kurgan nodded and walked back to the table where he had placed Grush's unconscious body.
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm

*the exsplosion of the door being ripped out of place made Itun jump. He turned around with a wip of his tail and faced the the Orc on the ground. He looked back out the door and saw the Dunmer entering the tavern. The instant he saw the dunmer hes made a hisss from deep in his throught. like the giant reptiles that live in the swamps of black marsh, he readied himself for whatever the Dunmer had in planned. When he tied the orc up and laid him across the table, Itun lowered hismelf at the relization that he did not come for him. He sat himself back down and turned back to the bar. He watched throught the corners of his slit eyes as the Dunmer ordered and recieved his ale. As he walked back to his table he directed his conversation to Warik, "look there Warik, theres another one of the Red Eyed Demons from morrowind. This place is crawling with cockroaches isnt it."*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 am

Warik was silently contemplating his friends offer when the door abruptly collapsed. He turned in his seat, reflexively putting his hand on the hatchet at his waist. Warik stared at the fallen Orc. As his eyes made their way to the warrior entering the tavern, he relaxed his grip on the axe, facing back to the bar. After all, he knew there was no need to brandish weapons if the warrior had sheathed his own weapons. Noticing the hiss of his friend, he lightly touched Itun on the shoulder.

"Calm down my friend, he means us no harm. Obviously, he meant the Orc harm. And I don't know that particular green man, so there is no need for worry. For now. I think."

Warik smiled at his friend, once again grabbing the empty tankard, and once again experiencing the disappointment of ale absence. He sighed and turned to Itun. "I wish you would use your near limitless magical skill to make me a never ending tankard of ale. That, my friend, would be true magic."

As Itun commented on the warrior, Warik turned to look at the man. He had not previously noticed that the man was a Dunmer. His eye was caught then by the glass armor, equipment he had only heard about, never seen. As he continued to stare at the Dunmer, perhaps rudely, though unintentionally, he responded to Itun. "Red-eyed demon? I have a sneaking suspicion, my scaly friend, that you are not a fan of that less sunny-toned elf-folk. Look at that armor. Glass isn't it? The man must have some money." Warik grinned at Itun, pointing at his own worn leather armor. "Maybe if I take that job of yours, I can afford some shiny, reflective armor. Then everyone can see themselves in my armor. Right before I disembowel them." Warik chuckled, then turned back to stare at the elf once again.
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 am

Kurgan heard the argonian's comment about him, and he lifted his head as the nord tried to calm his friend. Kurgan looked down at his half full tankard, sat it down, and went to stand up when Grush awoke.
"LET! ME!-"
Kurgan back-handed Grush and knocked him back unconscious. He continued to leave the table and walk to the bar where the two of them sat. Kurgan sat down next to the Argonian, his armor shimmering in the candle light and still slightly wet.
"Excuse me you slimy Argonain, if you have a problem with the way I conduct my business...you better tell me now." Kurgan said, while scowling at the Argonain. "I apologize to you nord, i feel like this insolent Argonain is not quite fit to function outside of the swamp yet."
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 am

*Itun turned to the dunmer that was standign behine him. His eyes focused on the red eyed son of Maroons Dagon, he hands clenched in balls of rage. "As a matter of fact i do have a problem with the way you conduct "buisness" you red eyed piece of goblin filth. How dare you destroy something that does not belong to you and then barg in here demanding that you get your ale. Of course, is wouldnt exspect anything less from a Dunmer, always walking in like they own everything, taking and destroying. Thats all your kind care about. So why dont you take your orc and leave before i have to through you out of here." Itun had slowly gottern closer to the Dunmer as he had begun his rant until he was staring down at the man with pure hatred. Everything in the bar was scilent. It was not always that Itun would blow up on a person, but the thought of this Dunmer barging into the bar in his town and acting like he could do as he pleased. He stood there, his breathing rough and shallow as the sound of his hissing became more and more domminant over the scilence.*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:32 am

Warik listened intently to the battle of insults between the Dunmer and Itun. He tried to hide the initial smile he held from the banter between the two, but as the silence ensued, Itun's hissing brought Warik to his senses. He calmly stood, then slowly put himself in between the two men. He gently pushed his Argonian friend back, then spoke to them both.

"As much as I'm enjoying the entertainment the two of you have so generously provided, I think it's time to calm down." Warik looked to the Dunmer. "Itun here has no ill will toward you, my red-eye friend." Warik winced a bit at his mistake. "Dunmer. Sorry, I'm not known for my manners. But I mean no harm to you either. I know it has been a stressful day for me, I'm assuming for Itun as well. And judging by the unconscious Orc at your table, you may have had one too." Warik chuckled and smiled, trying to lighten the dangerous mood. "Obviously, the Orc is having a bad day too. So, seeing as we are all having stressful days, it might be best to start over. Introductions, anyone?" Warik offered his hand to the Dunmer, attempting a winning smile. "Greetings, Elf. My name is Warik. Just Warik. Papa wasn't there, and all. And you are...?"
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:51 am

Warik's words did not calm Kurgan's rage towards the Argonian.
"Thank you Warik, you have shown me the error in my way. Now if you wouldn't mind, i would like to start things over with the Argonian." Kurgan moved to the side of Warik and looked at the Argonian. "I am sorry Warik, but this insolence can not go unnoticed." he said, scowling at the Argonian. Kurgan grabbed the Argonian by the collar and looked dead in his eyes. "Listen here you fetcher, I do not like you, you do not like me...so do something about it!" Kurgan threw the Argonian back towards the stools. "By the way Warik, my name is Kurgan, " he said, with a smirk on his face ashe turned his attention towards the Argonian.
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:07 am

*Kurgan's shove sent his tumbling backwards into the stools behined him. The argonian hissed as he hit the flloor. He turned his lower half so that he was groutching and gave Kurgan a fleating miniacle smile. With speed that only a reptile can match, Itun launched himself at the Dunmer. With a swift uper cut to the bottom of Kurgan curaise, he slipped his fingers into the bottom of the glass aromer and then grabbed the neck of the cuirass. he leaned backwards away from the Dunmer and used the falling momentum to move the man in a circular motion towards the door. With a quick release of his strength he through the Dunmer backwards into the door that he had just enterd. The door, having been ripped from the door frame, simple fell backwards as Kurgan went tumbling backwards into the down pour of rain. Itun made a clicking sound from within his throat like that of bones snapping and fliiped his hood back over his spines. As he walked into the door frame, his hands began to glimmer with a blue light. He trhough his right hand over his head and the light errupted from it, enveloping him in a glow for half a second before vanishing into the ground. With his left, Itun swirld it in a circular motion, reciting an ancient chant that he had learned from years of practice. Then the light disapeared from his hand and Itun began to chuckle. Then there was another chuckle, and another. Suddenly, Ituns pyshical form split into 2 more identicle specturs of himself. Each one brandished a small silver dagger from within there robes. With a jolt, each Itun made for a different direction of the Dunmer. With him no doubt on his feet by know, the Itun on the left made a quick dash from hie left to his right and then at Kurgans right. The one to his right dodged to his left and brought his blade straight up from below, attempting to stick the knife in the slits of his armor. The on in the middle stood back and suddenly projected a huge bolt of lightning from his hands. With three different attacks, Kurgan would have a difficult time avoiding all three, however should he choose the right one and slay it, Itun would be dead at the Dunmers feet.*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 am

Warik growled as Kurgan pushed his friend, his attempted peace offering failing. He began to move towards the Dunmer, intent on restraining him, when Itun made his move. The sudden fury of his actions stunned Warik, and he could only watch as Kurgan was thrown through the door. He watched as Itun began weaving his spells, knowing that if he did not act fast, this fight could get way out of hand. As moved towards his friend, Gretta's screaming drew his attention away.

"GET OUT OF MY TAVERN, ALL OF YOU!!!" Gretta screamed, throwing a tankard at Warik. He dodged it, then turned back to the fight. He was stunned to now see three Argonians charging the now recovered Dunmer. As he quickly ran through ideas of what to do, he noticed the previously unconscious orc captive attempting to make a quick escape. Not knowing what else to do, Warik grabbed the orc by his collar as he passed, jerking the bound man back and onto the floor. As the Orc began to protest, Warik dropped a heavy fist on his temple, ending the man's consciousness once again. "Not now, my little green friend. I'm busy." Warik said, as he then dashed for the door of the tavern. Attempting to stop the ensuing violence, he desperately grabbed for the closest Itun. To his surprise, his hand passed right through the Argonian. With a grunt, Warik's momentum drove him to the ground, the mud from the rain soaked street splashing all around him. "What the...dammit, Itun!" Warik scrambled to his feet, trying to avoid slipping in the mud, and stared as the Argonians closed on Kurgan. Confused and worried that the violence would bring the town guards, Warik watched the fight helplessly.
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 am

Kurgan looked up as Warik fell to his knees, passing through one of the Argonians. Kurgan smirked, he quickly placed his hand on the ground and threw it above his had, allowing a shield to appear to protect him from most of the damage of the spell. He then pulled out his right blade to block the other Argonian's attack. To his surprise, the lightning attack went straight through his shield and himself, without inflicting any harm. While his attempt to block the last Argonian's attack was also meet with surprise as it faded away into the rain. Kurgan stood to his feet, angry he advanced forward, walking straight through the Argonian that blasted at him. Kurgan held his left hand up to his face and a purple glow came over his hand. He dropped his hand and he could now detect everyone's life force. Kurgan looked all around and could not find the Argonain. "CURR! COWARDLY ARGONIAN! SHOW YOURSELF!" Kurgan screamed as he looked into the rain that was pouring down from the sky and noticed the Argonian watching him.

Last edited by Kurgan on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:40 am

*Itun watched as the two men seemed to almost instantly know that that his illusions were fake. He watched the Dunmer place his spells and itun relized he to was a spell weaver. The detect life spell was not a problem, the rain would give away Ituns presence eventualy. But his main concern was the shield. Itun stepped out of the door way as Kurgan lept up to his feet. With a flash of green light, the outline of Itun was revieled and he slowly began to take form once again. However there was something wrong, the leather cloaked, scaley argonian was not what was comming back into existance. A large bulk of brown furr began to reveal itself. The structure now stood 7'tall and the shear size of the creature would make any mortal man jump at its presence. There was a defening ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAR and the hulking mass of a grizzly bear stood in Ituns presense. The bear growled and roard some more as Kurgan got closer. As he got in reaching distance the bear reached up with its massive claws and brought it through the air at Kurgans head. Should he doudge the first attack, a second claw would be waiting for him where ever he should decide to go to deliver a ralley punch. To Kurgan, the bear would be as real as the animal itself, however the bear like the other argonians was nothing but an illusion created by Itun. The swings that the bear were throwing were the mask for Ituns own bare handed punches that he was throwing at Kurgan. The claws would leave no scratches on the grey skin of his foe, but he would recieve a nasty punch to the face or skull if he did not think of something fast.*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Warik had began to run towards Itun, hoping to stop Kurgan from reaching him. However, at the appearance of the bear, Warik slid to a stop and doubled back out of the area.
"What the...damned mages...what the hell is wrong with just fighting with weapons?!" Frustrated, Warik stood in the rain, considering his next move. The rain began to slack, turning from a downpour to a light but steady drizzle. Hearing loud, gruff voices, Warik turned to face down the street. He frowned and shook his head at the approaching crowd of Orcs. There were six of them, each wearing various types of armor, and all were equipped with weapons of some sort. He could hear the comments they made, the leader yelling as they approached the tavern. The orc, a massive man in a full suit of steel armor, was shouting "Find my brother, and kill them all. But save that bastard red-eye for me!"
Warik did not want any harm to come to Itun, Gretta, or anyone else in the tavern, so he quickly made his decision. Warik stepped into the middle of the street, calling the orcish attention to himself.
"Good evening, Gentlemen! I regret to inform you, the tavern is currently closed due to...unforeseen reptile-elf violence. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
The orcs scoffed at Warik, the steel encased leader stepping forward. "We are here for our brother, Nord." He growled, "Give him to us, and maybe we will consider making your death...quick." The orcs began to laugh again. Warik began to mockingly laugh with them, causing the orcs to go silent as they glared at Warik.
"Listen, friends, I'm not in the mood for this right now. You are trying my patience. Do you understand how much effort I put into becoming delightfully inebriated, only to have it ruined by my friend's little spat with an elf?" Warik shook his head, before staring at the lead orc. "Leave. Now. Or I will make your death slow, and very, very painful."
Stunned by the Nord's insolence, one of the orcs approached him, and began to shout. "DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE -" The orc was cut short, as Warik grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him into a devastating headbutt, that left the un-helmeted orc crumpling to the ground. With a yell, the leader sent the other four orcs charging at Warik. Warik grabbed at the hatchet on his waist, swiftly dodging the first orc's sword strike, and using the wooden hilt of the axe to smack the orc in the back of the head. He then turned and flung the hatchet at the furthest Orc, watching it implant in the orc's chain mail armor, in his right shoulder, the power of which knocked the orc to the ground. After throwing the hatchet, Warik drew his longsword, diving forward just in time to roll under the next Orc's powerful axe swing. His roll brought him to the fallen orc, who screamed in agony when Warik jerked the hatchet from his shoulder. He quickly slammed the hilt of his sword into the face of the wounded orc, leaving him incapacitated. As he turned, he found himself surrounded by the other five orcs, including the one he first struck. They circled him, the rage plain on their faces. The leader snarled as he drew his great-sword. "Your going to regret this, Nord."
Warik grinned, baring his teeth like a snarling wolf, flourishing his long sword in his right hand, and holding the bloodied hatchet in the left. "I disagree, Orc. I'm having plenty of fun already."
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Kurgan watched as the bear outline wrapped around the Argonian's life force. He noticed the bear was just a hollow illusion masking the appearance of the Argonian. Kurgan walked towards the "bear" and scoffed. "Tch. When are you going to stop with these illusion's Argonian?" Kurgan jested as he continued walking towards him. Kurgan began moving his hand's around his body. Fire and lightning flowed in front of him and wrapped around his arms. "Start using real magic fetcher!" Kurgan blasted the argonian, sending him flying through the air and crashing into the tavern. Kurgan turn towards Warik and saw a familiar group of Orcs that had him surrounded. Kurgan saw the lead Orc and instantly knew who they where. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Kurgan bellowed out a mighty roar, "GNOR-BO RAK!! YOU CURR!!" Gnor in his full suit of steel armor turned around and snarled underneath a smile. "Take care of the Nord men, i have what i want..." Gnor said while walking towards Kurgan. Gnor was standing directly in front of Kurgan, towering at least a head over him.
"You must have something between those legs of yours, cross-bred boar fucking orc!" Kurgan said, looking directly into the eyes of Gnor.
"HA HA HA! You puny ash man. You know NOTHING of what i am capable of!" Gnor said while staring down at Kurgan. "You think your family was the extent of my power? THAT WAS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!" He screamed at Kurgan, taunting him while holding a mighty silver battle ax. Kurgan snapped at the comment. He screamed as he pulled out his sword and sliced through the lower part of the Gnor's armor. Gnor stumbled back, and Kurgan jumped and kicked him in the chest with both of his legs. Kurgan stood up, moving his hands all around him, gathering all of his magika he had left. Lightning and fire was casing Kurgan with the power he was gathering.
"WARIK!!" Kurgan screamed, "MOVE!!"
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 am

Warik moved slowly in a circle, watching as the four Orc's closed on him. He felt some slight relief that the leader had went to face Kurgan, but he knew his odds were not much better. His only saving grace was that his first movements had left his enemies cautious. Not sure of what move to make, he decided to do what he did best - run his mouth.
"You heard your boss, you cowardly swine. I promise to go easy on you. I might even let you live."
His words hit home, and two of the orcs immediately charged him. Warik snarled as he moved towards them as well. He swiftly parried a sword strike with his own, spinning and dropping below the orcs arm. He used his hatchet to catch the orc by the neck, biting deep enough to hook him. The second orc swung a heavy axed down to cleave Warik, but he turned at the last second, putting the hooked orc in the way of the strike. He felt the hot spray of blood as the orc cleaved his allies neck, the force of which tore Warik's axe from his grip. He swung his longsword in a wide arc, cutting another approaching orc across the chest and knocking him away. He then turned to the orc with the heavy axe, who had just recovered from the shock of downing his fellow. As he moved to attack, a blow came from the side, the fourth orc smashing Warik in the face with his gauntlet. As the Nord reeled away, he stumbled, and was only barely able to dodge another sword strike. The blade cut deep into his shoulder, and Warik fell to the ground with a roar, the pain exploding in his shoulder. The orc raised his sword high, preparing for the final blow, when Kurgan's roar reached them. The command to move briefly distracted the orc, and when he glanced away, Warik fired a swift kick to his unarmored groin. He then rolled hard to the side as the orc fell to his knees. He continued his roll, his momentum tripping another orc, who in turn stumbled into the other. Warik rolled into a crouch and sprung with all of his strength, diving away from the three living orcs.
Back to top Go down
Kurgan

Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:51 am

Kurgan watched as Warik rolled out of the blast area, leaving the three Orc's behind. Kurgan had all of his magicka focused, encased with fire and lightning, ready to unleash his attack. The three Orc's still stunned, looked up at Kurgan and saw their fate. Kurgan bellowed out a mighty roar as he released the blast. The fire trail was heading fast towards the Orcs, pulsing and flowing with lightning. Kurgan fell to his knees, winded, he watched as his blast exploded into a whirlwind of flames and electricity. The three Orc's where trapped, the pain was to great for them to move. Two of the Orc's fell to the ground and released what will they had to live. The Orc wielding an ax still stood, screaming in agonizing pain, and holding his ax above his head. The whirlwind of fire and lightning shrunk, concentrated around the last standing Orc. Then, in a split second, the whirlwind exploded and sent the Orc flying. Kurgan sighed some relief as he watched the three Orcs fall, and allowed his head to drop facing the ground. Kurgan heard something rustle, the sound of armor close to him. He looked up only to see Gnor, towering over Kurgan.
"HA! Now who is weak dunmer." Gnor laughed as he grabbed Kurgan by the collar of his armor, and lifted him up to face level. "Now is the time for you to beg." Gnor snarled, while looking dead into the winded eyes of Kurgan. Kurgan smirked and spat in Gnor's face. Gnor roared out in rage and landed a heavy fist into Kurgan's stomach. Kurgan fell to the ground in pain, grabbing his stomach and coughing up blood. Kurgan reached around and grabbed his elvish dagger. Gnor went to kick Kurgan as he held up his dagger and stabbed Gnor in the unprotected slit below the knee. Kurgan ripped out the dagger as Gnor roared in the streets.
"You may beat this body, but you can not kill my dunmer spirit." Kurgan said, as he spat out more blood while standing to his wobbly knees.
"FOOL! I'll break your bones and use them as weapons!" Gnor screamed as he pulled back both of his fists, and launched a tremendous punch into Kurgan's sternum. Kurgan's glass armor cracked as he flew back, and crashed through the stairs of the tavern. Kurgan, barely conscious, raised his head to see Gnor walking towards him, wielding his ax with hatred.
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:26 am

*As Kurgans shock spell hit the inner part of Itun, his smile faded from his face and he was sent flying backwards into the tavern. A pink glow erupted around his him and created a sparkeling trail as the stool and wood crashed around him. He could hear voices, deep, gruff voices that he knew to be that of orcs. He had smacked his head on the bar and the world around him had begun to spin around him as the four orcs charged his friend and the dunmer. He closed his eyes as the pink ora lifted and he felt his strenght return. His Cloak of Mirrored Magic had absorbed the spell but had still had enough juice to send him flying out of his illusion. The last thing he could remmeber was the darkelf talking about real magic, so Itun opened his eyes and the world fell back to normal. The orc was towering above the dark elf and his comrads lay dead just outside the door. Itun could not see Warik from his position of the floor, but knew the Nord had handdled himself nicely. Itun slowly stood and walked to where the orc had the dunmer pined. His breath was slow and his focuse was now clear. He had a score to settle with the dark elf and the miserable, illtempered orc wasnt going to take that from him. Itun raised his hand as the Orc lifted his ax to make the final strike. Itun simply tpped him on the shoulder. The Orc stopped. Turned and looked at the Argonian. Itun smiled at him and calmly said, "Hello...." WIth a violant thrust of his hand he grabbed the Orc around the throat and squeezed. A sudden burst of purple light burst through the room and out of the windows. Dark clouds enveloped Ituns hand and his slit eye's opened wide as they began to glow bright purple. The orc began to shudder. the ax falling from his hand and landing inches away from Kurgans nose. WIth a convulsing, gurgling noise from the grip on his throat, a small ball of blue light appeared from his mouth. It grew and grew until his mouth was streatch so wide, a small animal could be consumed in one bite. Itun reach up with his free hand and grabbed the blue orb and gently lifted it from his mouth. As soon as the orb left his body, he went limp, and Itun tossed the lifeless corpse to the side. He examined the orb slowly and picked a piece of unfinished meat from his last meal off the surface of the glowing specter. Then he reached inside his cloak and produced a black crystal the size of a small dagger. The orb jumped from his hand and into the crystal producing a vriliant flash of light. After the light faded, the air was alive with the hum of the crystal in Ituns hand. He stuffed the crystal in his cloak and replaced it with another. He walked over to the dunmer, unable to move for waisting his energy on such a foolish act of power. He bent down and spoke slowly in his ear, "YOu want to see TRUE majic, how about a secret that the mages guild has kept from magicians all over the world?" He leaned back and stared at him with his glowing eye for a second and then began to reach for his outstreached neck.*
Back to top Go down
Warik

Warik

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:05 am

Warik had laid in the street, clutching his wounded shoulder as he watched Kurgan's spell obliterate the Orcs. He stood slowly and sheathed his sword, trying to see through the haze and static left by the devastating attack. He began to stumble towards the entryway of the tavern, grabbing his hatchet along the way; he could no longer see the dark elf or the remaining Orc. As he neared, he heard the sudden screeching of the wounded Orc he had left in the street with the hatchet wound. In a rage, he headed for the Orc. When he reached him, he dropped to one knee and grabbed the Orc by the hair. He struck the Orc once to silence his screams. The Orc whimpered, "Mercy..."
Warik laughed, the hatred showing in his eyes. "As you wish."
With a quick and violent twist, Warik snapped his neck. He then rushed to the door, his wound now bleeding profusely from his exertions. As he rounded the corner, he saw the dead Orc leader, but then his eyes were drawn to Itun. His eyes glowed, and as he reached for Kurgan, Warik rushed him. He grabbed his friends wrist, jerking it away from the exhausted Dunmer. He stared into Itun hate filled eyes. "Stop, Itun! The Dunmer helped me. You must not kill him." Releasing the Argonian's wrist, he then grabbed Kurgan's, pulling him to his feet and steadying him. "We need to leave, now. The guards will be here soon." Warik walked over to Kurgan's captive Orc, who laid unconscious on the floor. He strained to lift the man, throwing him over his shoulder. The pain from his wound made him wince, but he refused to rest now, not when the guards would be on them any minute. He turned back to Itun. "Please, my friend. Your influence could get you out of this, but not me, nor the Dunmer. Help him, and me. We need to get to the stables."
Back to top Go down
Itun-Ru

Itun-Ru

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 am

*Inches away from having his blood lust sated, only to have his hand yanked away at the last moment. Itun looked up at Warik and let his focus drop along with the spell. He clutched the black soul gem in his one hand and looked back at Kurgan. As Warik went to pick up the Dark Elf, Itun noticed that Warik was bleeding. In a quick flash of white light, Ituns healed it with little effort. "You'll need your full strength to get him out of here without being detected. Let me go first and distract the gaurds by the west gate. You tow head out the back door and head to the Desolate Mines, north west of the gates. Ill meet you there shortly with the provisions and the supplies well need to get to Humor." Itun walked to the front door asumming that Warik would follow his instructions. He looked out to the left and right and saw no gaurds yet. The mid evening dusk had masked most of the events that occuered, but he knew someone would be along shortly and see the damage done. Gretta, had gotten up and walked over to Itun as he was about to leave. "ITUN!!! How the hell am i supposed to fix all this damage that you and your friends caused?? This is going straight to the Arch Mage and when he finds out he'll...." Her ranting had been cut short as Itun waved his hands across here brow, a low green light enveloped her, and she slumped over in a lulled gaze. "Gretta, four Orcs have just destroyed your bar and i stopped them before they could harm you and your patrons. Im going to alram the gaurds now, you start cleanign up." Silenlty she obeyed, half dazed and confused. Itun zipped out the front door and headed for the west gate. There he saw two guards on duty, one on each side of the door. Out of breath he walked up to them and smiled. "Good Evenign gental men. Might i have a momment of your time. There seems to have been a slight miss hap at the bar and you gents might want to have a look." The gaurds shrugged and followed him back to the bar, hopefully this had given Warik enough time to slip out the back and coverage so he wasnt seen leaving the town.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rough Days in Cheydinhal   Rough Days in Cheydinhal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rough Days in Cheydinhal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next